Levels beyond 50
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:51 pm
So you've beaten level 50...and you want more. A few things you should know about the levels that follow the labyrinth:
- 1. They're hard. And I mean that to an extent even more so than any of the previous levels.
2. They're meant to be hard. Because of this, censoring of hints and advice on the forums will tend to be a lot stricter. At this stage in the game, pretty much any hints beyond what's already given in the levels are considered spoilers. If you can't figure out a puzzle, please don't just ask for more hints so that you can solve it. It's supposed to be that hard.
3. There are no Google bars, even if Google is required. Why? Because some levels require too little Google searching for a bar to be relevant, and it would just add unnecessary confusion to the puzzle. In some other levels, the objective become totally obvious once it's implied that you need to use a search engine. You'll probably end up using Google for every level, whether it's to find software or look up a tiny detail of the puzzle.
4. The level 50 Hall of Fame has been closed. Why? a) Because 50 is no longer the last level, and b) after 85 people, it loses its significance. The forum is bloated with correspondence and hints exchanged between players, and the people who already solved it are nudging their friends up to the top. That's a lot different than someone actually sitting through and figuring out the puzzles almost totally on their own, as the first winners did. I apologize to anyone who was already near the end when the first Hall was closed, but there will be other Halls to come, as the level count rises. And you'll have plenty more opportunities to prove your riddle-solving abilities... (see next point)
5. I'm going to be adding a list of the first people to reach each Temp End (temporary riddle end) as it comes. The current temp end is after 60. Glory awaits the first person to reach it!