Level 12

Help, tips, discussion, and everything else about the Cipher online riddle.
Forum rules
NO SPOILERS; please read this before posting: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1150
Gamemastertips
Site Admin
Current Level: 2

Re: Level 12

Post by Gamemastertips »

No...it's just one extremely explicit one. Just a thought, but the clue may be hard to grasp if English isn't your first language. You have to think in English--this is very important. Otherwise the hint is meaningless.
~ The Cipher Master ~

UPDATE, 9/9/2018: If you PM me for level help, I'm more than happy to answer, but I may not be checking my forum inbox more than once a week (or less), so please be patient with waiting for a response. Thank you!

Umesh

Post by Umesh »

i get no idea from homophones and what does u mean that the way to break the code depends on your country?

Gamemastertips
Site Admin

Post by Gamemastertips »

Umesh wrote:i get no idea from homophones and what does u mean that the way to break the code depends on your country?
The country thing will only make sense once you figure out what I'm referring to in the hint.
~ The Cipher Master ~

UPDATE, 9/9/2018: If you PM me for level help, I'm more than happy to answer, but I may not be checking my forum inbox more than once a week (or less), so please be patient with waiting for a response. Thank you!

erryyu10

Post by erryyu10 »

...i've tried converting the most important words in the source code through dv***k (because of the "keys" hint) but i don't get anything useful...am i missing something?...

Gamemastertips
Site Admin

Post by Gamemastertips »

erryyu10 wrote:...i've tried converting the most important words in the source code through dv***k (because of the "keys" hint) but i don't get anything useful...am i missing something?...
No, just grossly overthinking. I'm not sure what you mean by dv***k, but it doesn't sound right. There's only one single word in the source that you have to decode, and it's very clearly in need of being decoded. Anything else you see is a hint.

This level is not very hard at all. Once you know what you should be looking at, the decoding method becomes extremely obvious. The method is my own creation, though, so you won't find it in Google.
~ The Cipher Master ~

erryyu10

Post by erryyu10 »

Gamemastertips wrote:
erryyu10 wrote:...i've tried converting the most important words in the source code through dv***k (because of the "keys" hint) but i don't get anything useful...am i missing something?...
No, just grossly overthinking. I'm not sure what you mean by dv***k, but it doesn't sound right. There's only one single word in the source that you have to decode, and it's very clearly in need of being decoded. Anything else you see is a hint.

This level is not very hard at all. Once you know what you should be looking at, the decoding method becomes extremely obvious. The method is my own creation, though, so you won't find it in Google.
...ooohhh, i see...i thought i had to convert that gibberish at the bottom, which i suspected was in [spoiler], to a [spoiler] equivalent...that's where the "we are in america" hint was pointing me too...at least in my interpretation...i thought i had to adapt to a [spoiler] format used elsewhere, and [spoiler] was the only other format i knew...anyway, i solved the level (finally!)...thanks, gamemastertips!...

Gamemastertips
Site Admin

Post by Gamemastertips »

You're welcome, and congrats!! :D
~ The Cipher Master ~

jilliane

Post by jilliane »

do i have to decode this by myself?

Gamemastertips
Site Admin

Post by Gamemastertips »

jilliane wrote:do i have to decode this by myself?
Um...unless I misunderstand your question, yes, you must solve the level yourself. There are no rules against other people helping you, though. As long as they're not blatantly telling you the answers.
~ The Cipher Master ~

jilliane

Post by jilliane »

what i mean..is there any decoding tool that can help me?